Saturday, February 28, 2009

Coraline

Ok, so I thought it would be nice to spend some alone time with my daughter tonight. I looked up the reviews for Coraline and it had high ratings. So...I thought it's animated, didn't look too bad on the previews so we'll go see it. BIG mistake. It was so scary for a little girl. I did not do my homework assessing this film like I should have...and I usually do. I really should have done it this time. It was so creepy after the first half of the movie. Now I'm asking myself...what age group is this movie geered toward?? It's about a little girl going to an alternate version of her life that seems better. I don't think this movie is a date movie...and I don't think it is one that teens would want to see first pick. So who wants to see it?? Why did it get such good reviews. Well it gets a big thumbs down for me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your assessment. I did not take my boys to see this but did take my 15 year old and her friend... It was much more appropriate for that age, and less scarey!

    I think the creepy factor had a lot to do with the rating. But it did seem to have an important message. Keren got it... but I won't be letting my boys see it, even on DVD, at least for now.

    ReplyDelete